In this article we will show you how you can Turn “On” the Remote Desktop Settings in your respective operating system.
Mac OS X : To Turn On Remote Desktop in a Mac OS X please follow the below steps.
- Go to System Preferences and select Sharing.
- You will see several options on the left side panel. Go to Remote Management and enable it like shown in the figure below.
- Now you need to set Permissions and a Password.You can set permissions by clicking the Options button on your right.In this window you can select what users can do on your desktop computer.Post this you need to set a password by clicking on the Computer Settings button and fill in your password wherein it says “VNC viewers may control screen with password”.
- Now it is time to check your connection and see what IP you are using.Please save the IP somewhere so that you remember it next time.
- Take another Mac and Start Safari, Type the following url in the address bar : vnc://0.0.0.0(Please replace 0.0.0.0 with the IP you are using as shown in the figure above and Below). The client for Remote Control will now start.Fill in your username and password to connect to the other Mac.
Windows : Remote Desktop is disabled by default in Windows but it is easy enough to turn it back on. If you need to access your Windows PC from another box , It’s essential thing to “Turn On”.
If you are using Windows 8,8.1 Or 10 you will need to open the desktop Control Panel and find the System Panel there.Or you can search for “Remote Access” in the start menu or start screen.
Once you search, Click on the ” Allow Remote access to your Computer ” item.
Now select ” Allow Remote Connections to this computer ” from the remote tab.